You might be wary of trying a cookie made with quinoa, but these high-fiber cookies are delicious and easy! The texture is a little softer than a traditional cookie, but you can eat these cookies without the guilt!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Carbohydrates8 g
- Protein1 g
- Fat2 g
- Saturated Fat0.6 g
- Cholesterol5 mg
- Sodium30 mg
- Dietary Fiber1 g
This Recipe Serves 30
3 tablespoons Smart Balance margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ cup Splenda Sugar Blend
1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
½ cup gluten-free baking mix (such as Pamela’s)
¼ cup mini-chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together margarine, vanilla, egg and Splenda. Mix until well blended.
- Add oats, quinoa and baking mix to mixture and stir well. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoon onto baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack and store in airtight container when cool.
MAKE IT GLUTEN-FREE: Confirm ingredients are gluten-free and this recipe can be made gluten-free.
Info from the American Diabetes Association